Saturday, November 13, 2010

Chapter 11 "Break Away" Teaser!!


I wanted answers from him. I needed them like I needed air to breathe. I just didn't know if I was prepared for what those answers might be, despite this, however, there was no way I would refuse to see him. He had just left me hours before, and already I missed him so much, more than words could say. I wanted to tell him to come now, that I didn't want to wait, but I just couldn't find the courage to..

"I'd like that.... Yes," I choked out, sounding entirely too desperate.

There was a long pause, I could hear him breathing but he wasn't saying anything. I pictured him sitting there pinching the bridge of his nose like he'd always done when he was stressed about something. "Edward, are you there?  Is everything okay?"

"I'm here....," he whispered. "I was just thinking how much I wish I didn't have to wait until tomorrow to see you.  It's hard, knowing you’re so close…,” he trailed off.

I couldn't help but smile at his words. It was kind of a confirmation for me that he wanted to see me just as much as I needed to see him, so I reached deep down inside and found the strength to respond.

"Then don't....," was all I could get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment